How do I check CAM and crank sensor

GMANCARZ
  • 1991 SUBARU LEGACY
Hello. I just did a head job on a 91 legacy that I "drove" into the garage. After completion it no longer has spark coming from the coil pak. The only spark related items I had disconnected was the 3 harness connectors coming from the main fuse box, the battery, and the Cam position sensor from the back side of the cam, but not at the plug. I've rechecked ALL electrical connections to see if by moving the intake up and back, (to access the heads), that if perhaps something got disconnected, but have found nothing, yet. Checked the fuses too.

At this point I figure the next best step is to check both the cam and crank sensors as I understand that either one of these being bad will cause a no spark problem.(No sense that either would have gone bad.

So, do you agree? And if so, how do I check these, as I only have a standard digital Sunpro volt/ohm meter?

Thanks so much,

Gman
Saturday, October 1st, 2011 AT 9:36 PM

RIVERMIKERAT
Yes. Here's some testing info.
-2
Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 AT 3:05 AM