Diagram for heater core

MR.JWILLIAMSNY
  • 1991 PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM
I'm trying to change my heater core in my 91 plymouth acclaim. But I can't get the unit out is there a daigram to show me the steps on getting it out and replacing it with a new one.
Tuesday, March 15th, 2011 AT 7:50 PM

REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION

NOTE: The evaporator case (Heater-A/C housing) must be removed from the vehicle first. See: Evaporator Case Service and Repair

Remove heater A/C unit top cover.
Remove heater core to dash panel seal from the core tubes and remove the heater core from the unit.
To install, reverse the preceding operation.

DISASSEMBLE

Heater A/C Unit

Place the heater-A/C unit on a suitable work surface.
Locate and remove one, 1/4-20 retaining nut from the blend-air door pivot shaft.
Blend Air Door Crank Linkage
Using a common pair of pliers, place one plier jaw on top of pivot shaft and the other jaw under the crank arm linkage and pinch the crank arm off of the pivot shaft.
Disconnect the vacuum lines from the defrost and panel mode vacuum actuators and position them out of the way.
Remove three heater-A/C unit cover attaching screws going upward at the defroster outlet chamber.
Remove two heater-A/C unit cover attaching screws going upward at the air inlet plenum.
Heater A/C Unit Cover
Remove eleven heater-A/C unit cover attaching screws going downward into the housing and lift the cover from the heater A/C unit.
To reassemble, lower the heater-A/C unit cover into place. Then guide the panel air mode door pivot shaft into its socket and reverse the preceding operation.
-1
Tuesday, March 15th, 2011 AT 8:19 PM