MITSUBIS IS THERE A RELAY OR FUSE THAT GOES TO THE FUEL PUMP?

1991 Mitsubishi Mirage

2CarPros-Archives

November, 10, 2010 AT 7:36 PM

1991 Mitsubishi Mirage mileage: 123,000. I have a Mirage that died, I suspected the fuel pump and after removing the fuel tank, I tested the pump and it was good. So, I tested the wiring with a voltmeter and found it to be dead with the ignition on. I checked the fuse box and cannot find any blown fuses. I also checked the Haynes manual that I have for a wiring diagram to trace the wires but it does not show the fuel pump wires. Is there a relay or fuse that goes to the fuel pump?

2CarPros-Archives

November, 10, 2010 AT 7:38 PM

With the key on, you will not have 12 volts to the full pump. You will only have 12 volts to the pump when the engine is either cranking or running. It is not unusual for a fuel pump to test good after it has been removed from the tank due to the jarring when it is removed. However, when the pump is replaced, it is likely that it failed to start. There is a relay and a fuse but they are probably fine.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement