Jeep won't start

TDOGGJENKINS
  • 1991 JEEP WRANGLER
My 91 jeep wrangler won't start
Saturday, December 4th, 2010 AT 9:08 PM

What is it doing cranking over and w/n start or just won't crank at all/nothing when you turn key to cranking position-let me know
-1
Saturday, December 4th, 2010 AT 9:10 PM
TDOGGJENKINS
It's cranking over but won't start, I repalced the battery, spark plugs and cables, distributer cap and button, and ignition coil. And still nothing.
+1
Saturday, December 4th, 2010 AT 9:23 PM
TDOGGJENKINS
I haven't tried testing the spark plug yet, so I just unplug one of the spark plug boots and hold it close to the engine block and have someone crank the engine and look and listen for spark and sound? I also bought an ignition control module but for the life of me can' t find it in the engine compartment to replace it.
-1
Saturday, December 4th, 2010 AT 9:32 PM
I see Ras Hasn't found you again,

I will not attempt a Corporate takeover---I will just try to help you along to make up some idle time

This Site is being Re-Vamped as we communicate, things aren't working as they should, and its difficult to RE-LOCATE a post with a reply. Especially for RAS. He's probably got hundreds of answers to reply back to (I may have half-a-dozen, and its hard on me!)

If I am wrong about this, RAS might pop back in and correct me (so watch for that!)

With the Plug wire test--stick (wedge) a nail or like Object in the plugs boot opening sorta between the actual metal plug connector and the rubber (as if you are extending the metal slightly out of the boot. (Don't pokey a hole in your rubber boot!)

Hold this 3/16 from the engine block or similar metallic, grounded engine component. And roll the engine over a few times. While either you hold the wire with insulated pliers ETC----Or just let your Buddy hold it barehanded, insure someone is watching for the QUALITY of the spark, being as RAS Described. Your Pal may not see it, he may feel it. But that will not tell you whether it was BLUE and SNAPPING!

OK, disregard the Buddy Boinking! Just kidding, no sense in him being mad at the both of us!

I did have my Sister do that once--she will not assist me in a car repair anymore!

The IGNITION MODULE IS PROBABLY IN YOUR DISTRIBUTOR

If the old one lays flat in there, with some sorta grease between it and the metal distributor housing----Thats how it DISSIPATES HEAT---this will extend its life too. So don't install it dry.

You can usually obtain that HEAT DISSIPATING Grease in sorta a small Condiment packet at the parts house without having to buy a big container!

YOUR TURN OR RASMATAZ's TURN

KEEP US POSTED on your progress

The Medic. Merry Chrismas from "WILLY"
-1
Sunday, December 5th, 2010 AT 2:12 PM
"CHRISTMAS"---too much peckin'-not enough huntin'
Sunday, December 5th, 2010 AT 2:14 PM