1991 Honda Accord Honda Accord

DLS0212
  • 1991 HONDA ACCORD
We just bought a 1991 honda accord and it runs great, but the speedometer and temperature gauge aren't working, and check engine light keeps going on and off. Everything else on the dash works, so we aren't sure what the problem is. Any ideas!
Thursday, July 11th, 2013 AT 6:40 PM

Have the computer scanned to identify trouble codes. If the check engine light is flashing, there should be codes stored in the system.
Thursday, July 11th, 2013 AT 7:04 PM
DLS0212
Ok thank you, and that will tell me why the temp gauge and speedometer aren't working as well?
Thursday, July 11th, 2013 AT 7:19 PM
DLS0212
My husband also wanted to know, its a stick shift, and so it doesn't have a reserve tank, but there's a tube coming off where you put the coolant in, is it supposed to be attached somewhere?
Thursday, July 11th, 2013 AT 7:24 PM
If you are referring to the over flow bottle, there should be one that goes to the top of the radiator and there could be one that goes to nothing in case it overflows.
Thursday, July 11th, 2013 AT 7:50 PM
DLS0212
Well I called auto zone they said there should be a over flow bottle. When it gets hot the coolant spills from the hose will that make it over heat just want to know if I can drive it like that ever auto zone tells me different they say I can drive it n others say dont drive it didn't know what to do dont have money till Monday and u work every night
Thursday, July 11th, 2013 AT 10:12 PM
If the car is running okay, it should be okay for short trips, but I can't guarantee it. I hope you understand. And yes, all cars come with a coolant overflow.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Friday, July 12th, 2013 AT 7:48 PM
DLS0212
Ok thank you very much
Friday, July 12th, 2013 AT 10:34 PM
I hope I helped.
Saturday, July 13th, 2013 AT 8:46 PM