Alternater failure

MACYATS
  • 1991 HONDA ACCORD
What could cause a 91 honda accord to melt down the alternater brushes, this has happened 4 times now.
Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 AT 10:14 PM

You have a short circuit within the charging system-Best just bring it in and have it checked by an auto electrical specialist
Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 AT 10:46 PM
KHLOW2008
If the power steering pump is leaking, the oil from the pump could get into the alternator and cause the problem.
Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 AT 11:14 PM
MACYATS
Yes this was a case of power steering fluid leaking thank you for your reply KHLow2008, rasmataz fish for business elswere.
Saturday, August 13th, 2011 AT 12:16 AM
KHLOW2008
You are welcome.

We are here to help and have to work on whatever information available so you need not be sacarstic if you don't get the ciorrect answer.

No answers are guaranteed to be correct.
Saturday, August 13th, 2011 AT 11:30 AM
You should have noticed it before you start dinking with it. You find the problem but failed to find the caused-Remember you're there and I'm here-your eyes and ears is my guide. KHLow is the Hondoman not me-
Saturday, August 13th, 2011 AT 6:15 PM
MACYATS
Let me apologize if you all feel I was sarcastic, I'm a former ase certified tech and had already come up with this diagnoses for a friend but was not 100% on it so I cast about for other ideas. Raz you just struck me as some guy just fishing for work, a short that melted out the brushes would be pretty obvious and likely tramatic. This started out slow and built from there, to the point his alt lasted 45 mins! Thats when he called me. Thanks again guys.
Sunday, August 14th, 2011 AT 8:29 PM
KHLOW2008
Ok, no problem with that.

Have a great day.
Sunday, August 14th, 2011 AT 8:53 PM

Related General Content

Drill Out a Bolt and Tap a Thread
VIDEO