PRIZIM/ COLD WEATHER STARTING

1991 Geo Prizm

anthonys

January, 18, 2011 AT 1:08 AM

I have a 1991 Geo Prizim that's hard to start in the morning. Since the temoerature has dropped in the Northeast it is every day now. When the engine is warm, it starts every time. At first I thought the gas-line froze so I emptied it down to 1/4 tank and added Heet. It still does the same thing. One thing that might help is that it cranks so I let it crank for 3 seconds so I don't drain the battery. Wait, leave the igntion swith in the on position and stop cranking. While I'm waiting, I pump the gas pedal once. After a few seconds, I try again. It cranks but does not start. I then place the ignition switch in the off position and wait 20 seconds. Finally it catches and starts. I read over the internet that it might be the forced air sensor so I pulled it out today and it looks clean. Not realy sure wher to go as far as buying parts. Please help.

mmprince4000

September, 15, 2011 AT 1:48 PM

These are equipped with a cold start valve, which injects fuel (only when cranking) into intake.

Valve is clogged, or fuse is bad.

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang