Not getting fire

KKEN123
  • 1991 FORD RANGER
I can not get it to fire, Put a new control module, crank sensor, engine computer, and I Need help
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011 AT 2:25 PM

Do below to determine if its a fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011 AT 5:38 PM
KKEN123
There is no fire coming from the coil and the fuel pump is running
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011 AT 6:55 PM
Follow the above accordingly -No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011 AT 10:50 PM
KKEN123
I have changed all of them but the distributor pick up coil and it does not have one, I will check the resistance on it.
Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 AT 1:58 AM