1991 Chevrolet Caprice brakes

MBAUTISTA
  • 1991 CHEVROLET CAPRICE
Hi I was wondering if u can help me out. Im working on a 1991 chevy caprice that the LF caliper is sticking.I replaced both calipers and hoses but car still pulls hard to tje right and I did jack up the car to inspect for wheel spinong and Lf is stuck. Does not spin free. Any idea what can it be? Previous owner also replaced the master cylinder.
Sunday, November 24th, 2013 AT 6:01 PM

Try this. Have someone hit the brakes so that the wheel locks. Then when they release, see if you can turn it. If you can't open the bleeder valve on the caliper and then check if you can turn it. Let me know what you find.
Sunday, November 24th, 2013 AT 7:14 PM
MBAUTISTA
Hi jacob. On my 91 chevrolet the wheel does spin freely after breaking loose the bleeded valve on the caliper. Can it be a defective caliper?
Sunday, December 1st, 2013 AT 12:34 PM
If it releases when you release the bleeder, that tells me the brake caliper is releasing properly. Since we know that, I feel that the rubber brake hose that attaches to that caliper is bad. What happens is over time, they collapse inside. As a result, when you push the brake pedal, you can FORCE fluid through the hose to actuate the caliper. However, when you take your foot off the brake, the fluid can't return back and causes the caliper to stay tight.

So, since you can't spin the wheel until you open the brake caliper bleeder, I recommend replacing the rubber brake hose that attaches to the caliper.
Sunday, December 1st, 2013 AT 4:36 PM
PS:

Let me know if that fixes the problem.
Sunday, December 1st, 2013 AT 4:37 PM
MBAUTISTA
Hi jack. I did both calipers, both hoses and the master already. It is ABS system so now im going towards maybe porportioning valve, or booster.
Sunday, December 1st, 2013 AT 5:27 PM