WHAT ELSE COULD CAUSE A SUBURU TO OVERHEAT AFTER ALL ELEMENTS HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED.

1990 Subaru Legacy

Kris4897

December, 11, 2011 AT 10:32 PM

I have a subaru legacy 1990 overheating, automatic, all wheel drive. I have changed the thermostat 3 times, water pump, timing belt, got timing reset, filled system and bled, blown out the heater core and put in an expensive head gasket sealer all to still overheating after 15 mins of driving. I am at a loss. The bottom radiator hose stays cool, I don't know if that's normal. Please give me an idea as this is my kids car and we need another 6 months out of it if possible. Changed all the above and still overheating I don't know what to do now. The overflow bottle fills up overflows and then sucks back in after it cools down. Also the heat will blow hot and then go cold before it starts to overheat.

rivermikerat

December, 11, 2011 AT 10:41 PM

Sounds like you need to get the radiator unclogged. Lower hose should warm up with the engine.

rivermikerat

December, 11, 2011 AT 10:46 PM

It blows cold because there is no coolant in the system to heat the air.

Kris4897

December, 11, 2011 AT 10:49 PM

Any suggestions on how to do that, it's a newer radiator

Kris4897

December, 11, 2011 AT 10:50 PM

There is coolant it has been filled and topped off after each overflow

rivermikerat

December, 11, 2011 AT 11:18 PM

It has to be done at a radiator shop.

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser