1990 Ford Tempo Engine cranks but no start

MADEYE
  • 1990 FORD TEMPO
I was originally having a problem with rough idle and occasional stalling at a stop or from switching from drive to park all after the car had reached operating temp.I have replaced, plugs, wires, MAP sensor, Idle air control valve, throttle position sensor. I hadnt drove it in a few days and came out to start it and t wouldnt start, it turns over and cranks but no start.I do not hear the fuel pump hum and I pulled theline off the fuel filter and got no fuel, I also checked for spark by pulling one of the wires and inserting a plug to see if I got spark and nothing. Inertia swith is not triped and I also tried replacing the ignition switch to someones advice to no avail. Somewhere I was reading had suggested a possible culprit being a camshaft position sensor. Well I bought what should be the correct part but can not for the life of me find where it is located on the car. Any insight or help is appreciate
Friday, November 13th, 2015 AT 5:49 PM

Check to see if your inertia switch is engaged may be reason of no fuel pressure, no fuel no start. If this has a distributor there is no cam sensor it would be inside distributor
Saturday, November 14th, 2015 AT 7:48 AM
MADEYE
Inertia switch has not been tripped. Would the ignition module or something with th distributor be a potential cause of the problem?
Saturday, November 14th, 2015 AT 6:24 PM
Yes it cold be if no spark but scan for codes as well.
Sunday, November 15th, 2015 AT 8:11 AM