I purchased this car 3 months ago and have been.

ANONYMOUS
  • 1990 FORD MUSTANG
I purchased this car 3 months ago and have been driving it as a daily car since. One day I was running errands, after leaving a store I got in the car and it would not start. I sat there looking over the engine and could not find anything obvious. After a few cranks I got it started by pumping the gas, even though the car is a EFI. The car got me home but didn't have power above 3000 RPM's as a matter of fact it was like the engine hit a rev limiter. I replaced plugs, wires, cap, and rotor that day. I also since replace the mass air meter, MAP sensor and the computer. I'm getting spark to the plugs. It takes a while to start but after 3 minutes of warm up it will idle without and help from the gas pedal. After 5 minutes it will rev all the way to 6000 without hesitation, but as soon as I go for a drive it acts like its misfiring, and has a hard time to go above 3000 RPMs. The car is completely stock and is an automatic. Do you have any ideas?
Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013 AT 3:27 PM

HAVE YOUR CODES CHECKED....'ROUND HERE "AUTOZONE" IS CAPABLE OF SCANNING OBD I.....WRITE DOWN THE EXACT CODES (NOT JUST THEIR "INTERPRETATIONS"

SORTA SOUNDS LIKE A FUEL ISSUE......CHECK YOUR FUEL PRESSURE TOO

WHENEVER A "NEW ARRIVAL" COMES TO MY HOUSE, OR "THE FAMILY"I DO A FULL 100% TUNE-UP, AND REPLACE ALL FLUIDS....ALL!

I LIKE TO START OUT FRESH/ KNOW WHAT I'M UP AGAINST/ I USUALLY RUN ACROSS OTHER STUFF THAT NEEDS ATTENTION DURING THE PROCESS.........IN CASE YOU AIN'T NOTICED...PEOPLE WILL LIE TO YA!

THESE ARE VERY GOOD GUIDES.....I GENERALLY PERFORM "OVERKILL"

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2007-ford-taurus-tune-up

I ALSO DO THIS.......AS A PRE--PURCHASE TEST.....SOMETIMES IT MAKES 'EM MAD, IT ALSO GIVES ME SOME LEVERAGE ON PRICE.............."UP FRONT" BEFORE I DO IT, I TELL 'EM " A STEADY NEEDLE AT 20Hg" IS WHAT I WANNA SEE!.......IF IT'S STEADY AND LOW, I SORTA FEEL LIKE I CAN TUNE IT IN BETTER (BUT THEY DON'T KNOW THAT), I MIGHT OFFER LOWER----IF THEY DON'T BELIEVE ME.......I SOMETIMES SHOW 'EM MY DASH MOUNTED VACUUM GAUGE IN MY JEEP....IT'S PULLIN' A STEADY 21hg AT IDLE

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1988-ford-bronco-need-heads-rings-bad

LEMME KNOW HOW THINGS ARE GOING

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013 AT 3:35 AM