FUEL PUMP RELAY LOCATION

• River
  • 1990 FORD F-250

Can anyone please tell me exactly where the R303 is on 1990 F250? Fuse box is under dash, driver's side and only fuses appear to be there. No obvious looking black box under hood, as I have seen on some vehicles. Please help, facing possibility of tow charges if I can't resolve the issue! Thanks!

Tuesday, May 10th, 2011 AT 7:26 PM

• Fixitmr

Try around washer bottle or by battery for relays.

Tuesday, May 10th, 2011 AT 8:13 PM
  • Fixitmr

I take it your fuel pump is not coming on?

Tuesday, May 10th, 2011 AT 8:13 PM
  • River

Thanks for the reply, fixitmr. Yes, the fuel pump is not working. It had been recently replaced, along with new tank, and was working. But now does not 'hum' on the turn of the key. So, hoping the relay couldn't handle the new pump, rather than the pump being defective, though of course these days that can not be ruled out, unfortunately. But figured the 12 dollar relay should be a first step, rather than dropping the darn tank again.

Thursday, May 12th, 2011 AT 1:39 AM
  • Fixitmr

Some people remove the bed instead of dropping tank. Not sure if this applies specifically to your truck though.

Thursday, May 12th, 2011 AT 7:25 AM