FUEL PUMP RELAY LOCATION

1990 Ford F-250

River

May, 10, 2011 AT 7:26 PM

Can anyone please tell me exactly where the R303 is on 1990 F250? Fuse box is under dash, driver's side and only fuses appear to be there. No obvious looking black box under hood, as I have seen on some vehicles. Please help, facing possibility of tow charges if I can't resolve the issue! Thanks!

fixitmr

May, 10, 2011 AT 8:13 PM

Try around washer bottle or by battery for relays.

fixitmr

May, 10, 2011 AT 8:13 PM

I take it your fuel pump is not coming on?

River

May, 12, 2011 AT 1:39 AM

Thanks for the reply, fixitmr. Yes, the fuel pump is not working. It had been recently replaced, along with new tank, and was working. But now does not 'hum' on the turn of the key. So, hoping the relay couldn't handle the new pump, rather than the pump being defective, though of course these days that can not be ruled out, unfortunately. But figured the 12 dollar relay should be a first step, rather than dropping the darn tank again.

fixitmr

May, 12, 2011 AT 7:25 AM

Some people remove the bed instead of dropping tank. Not sure if this applies specifically to your truck though.

Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang