My tail lights dont work parking lights dont.

MATTTYW20
  • 1990 CHEVROLET TRUCK

My tail lights dont work parking lights dont work and my dash lights dont work headlights work and my interrior lights work brake lights and signals all work all the fuses looked good but th fuse labeled PANEL LPS is dead and with no power going to it please let me know where to go from here thanks

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 AT 3:37 PM

The voltage to panel lamps fuse comes from fusible link, battery junction block, underhood, passenger side firewall. The fusible link is black, check for voltage on both sides of link, if one side has voltage and the other side doesn't, the link is faulty. If more than one black fusible link, check them both.

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 AT 4:54 PM
MATTTYW20

I checked that red wire near ECM an There was power there I removed headlight switch an had power on red an orange wire then wen switch is on power to the yellow wire could it be a bad headlight switch

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 AT 4:59 PM

Is there a brown wire coming off head lamp switch? That wire should carry voltage for tail lamps and other. The headlamp switch has two circuits. One side of headlamp switch is a circuit breaker, only for headlamps. The other side of headlamp switch controls feed for other lighting, including the tail lamps. I believe there is a different voltage source for each side. I'd want to check voltage sources to and from the headlamp switch, before condemning the switch.

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 AT 5:16 PM
MATTTYW20

An how would I do that I only have a test light I kno that everythin worked thursday night

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 AT 5:24 PM

Probe the proper wire with test lite. Does the testlite have a sharp pointed end, that is the reason for the point, probe the wire or backprobe the connector. If you make a hole in the wire, cover it up with nail polish or something.

Give me a second and I'll find the wiring for headlamp switch.

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 AT 7:53 PM

Here is wiring for headlamp switch.

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 AT 8:04 PM
MATTTYW20

Heres where im at I turned the headlight switch on got power at park lamp fuse but no power at tail lights tailingts blink and the brak lights works but no pwer for just lights let em kno what you think thanks

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 AT 8:30 PM

I gave you everything you need to check circuits at headlamp switch. Unless you can do the testing. I don't know where to go from here.

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 AT 8:37 PM
MATTTYW20

I kno you gave the diagram but I was wondering is there any parking lamp relays that could have blown I kno there's 2 relays above the fusebox and 2 inside the fuse box do any of them control the parking lights thanks in advance for your help

Sunday, January 20th, 2013 AT 3:12 PM

No park lamp relay according to my diagrams. Park lamps get voltage from light switch, brown wire is voltage for park lamps.

Sunday, January 20th, 2013 AT 6:11 PM
MATTTYW20

Alright guess i'll trace the wire

Sunday, January 20th, 2013 AT 6:49 PM

Check for voltage on that wire at the headlamp switch, with the switch activated, if there is voltage, you have a wiring circuit problem. If no voltage, could be the lite switch, itself, or voltage to the lite switch.

I saw where you talking to three or four of us at the same time, different posts. Those other guys are way sharper than I.

Sunday, January 20th, 2013 AT 7:24 PM
MATTTYW20

The voltage I got at the yellow wire was 14.3 soo time to start tracing wires let me kno thanks for your help

Sunday, January 20th, 2013 AT 8:12 PM
MATTTYW20

An if I have to trace wires since there's power at parking lamp fuse does that mean the problems prolly on the tail light wires? Let me knew thank you again

Sunday, January 20th, 2013 AT 8:14 PM
MATTTYW20

I have a quick question the brown wire that goes to my tail lights has no power at my head light switch when its turned on so does that mean its gotta be dead between there and the fuse box and if so how could I fix it let me know thanks a lot

Monday, January 21st, 2013 AT 5:16 PM

I looked at my wiring again. It appears the voltage from the panel lamps fuse goes to dimmer switch and then fromn there. Forget about the horn relay.

Monday, January 21st, 2013 AT 6:42 PM
MATTTYW20

I'm gonna replace the headlight switch an dimmer switch I'lll let you kno if that fixes it anything thanks

Monday, January 21st, 2013 AT 6:49 PM

Yeah, let us know. Sometimes these older wiring diagrams give me fits. I hope you get it going your way.

Monday, January 21st, 2013 AT 6:56 PM
MATTTYW20

I just figure It might be the switch cause there's power to the headlight switch but no power at the brown tail light wire at the switch

Monday, January 21st, 2013 AT 7:00 PM
MATTTYW20

I replaced the headlight switch and all has been fixed thank you soo much for all the help

Saturday, January 26th, 2013 AT 2:44 AM