'89 Corolla won't start

MELLISA89COROLLA
  • 1989 TOYOTA COROLLA
Last night, while I was driving, I hit quite a big bump on the road. I stopped at a convenience store to buy something but when I got back in my car, it wont start. My car is an '89 corolla, manual transmission. The thing is, everything is working, the lights, the alarm, the auxillary fan, radio, AC. But nothing happens when I turn on the key. I tried jump starting by rolling it but it still wont start. I've heard that I could try hitting the starter to start it but I don't know where the starter is. I need help please.
Tuesday, June 21st, 2011 AT 12:12 AM

SATURNTECH9
So when you hit the big bump in the road did you bottom out?Have you checked your oil level yet?Does the starter make any noise when you try to start it?Have you checked to make sure your battery cables are clean and tight?Also have you had your battery tested yet?Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?
Tuesday, June 21st, 2011 AT 12:21 AM
MELLISA89COROLLA
What do you mean by 'bottom out'? Oil level is good, just changed it last month. It doesn't make any noise when I try to start it. The battery cables are clean and tight and I've already had the battery tested.
Tuesday, June 21st, 2011 AT 12:37 AM
SATURNTECH9
By bottom out I was thinking maybe you put I hole in the oil pan lost thr oil and siezed the engine. Which it sounds like thats not the case. So do you a test light or multimeter to test for power to the starter?
Tuesday, June 21st, 2011 AT 2:51 AM
MELLISA89COROLLA
Nope, I don't have a test light or multimeter. But I tried doing the headlight thing, where you'll turn on the head light then turn on the key, it says there that if the headlight doesn't change in brightness then the problem is the starter, but if it changes, the problem is the battery. I did this, and the brightness of the headlight didn't change. Is there anything else that I can check to make sure that the problem is the starter? Thanks so much
Tuesday, June 21st, 2011 AT 3:01 AM
SATURNTECH9
Yes but you need a multimeter or test light to see if your getting power to the starter trigger wire your headlights can't tell you that.A test light or multimeter for under 10 is cheaper then guessing a starter and that not being the problem.
Tuesday, June 21st, 2011 AT 3:05 AM