Died no spark 12 volts on coil

DUG
  • 1989 JEEP CHEROKEE
89 jeep 4.0l, jeep died no spark, 12 volts on coil & mod. Had coil tested, coil and mod tested okay. Tested crank sensor reads 220 ohms. Tried testing cam sensor jeep started, it's rough, have 5 volt on the blue and gray striped wires, how to finish testing and checking the cam sensor? It also dies, but will restart. If I pull crank sensor jeep dies, plug it back in it will start. Pull plug on cam sensor still runs? Is this normal? I need some help on how to finish testing cam sensor.
Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 AT 12:39 AM

RIVERMIKERAT
Our reference doesn't show your vehicle having a cam sensor.
Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 AT 3:48 AM
RIVERMIKERAT
Engine controls schematic attached.
Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 AT 3:54 AM
DO YOU HAVE THIS MODULE?

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Ignition-Control-Module/1989-Jeep-Cherokee-4WD/_/N-iuad6Z9n80t?itemIdentifier=94348_213979_0_

Test any MODULE, 5-8 Times on the Autozone or Advance Auto Machine, (Watch'em, make sure they connect them up correctly!) This will sorta warm a module up! If it does not pass last couple of times, GET A NEW ONE......If you get another one, TEST IT TOO, before you leave the store!!!!!IT MATTERS NOT, IF THEY GET MAD, THIS IS THEIR JOB

OR YOU CAN ASK THEM IF THEY WILL HELP DIAGNOSE YOUR JEEP FOR 2 DAYS....OR....TOW YOU IN, IF THE NEW MODULE IS BAD!!!.........That "little mess up", that I did not do (TESTING THE NEW ONE), had me chasing my tail/ pulling my hair out/ testing every wire in my Jeep for 2 days, looking for a Different Problem.

NOT KNOWING HOW THE CONNECTION TO YOUR DISTRIBUTOR--IT MAY BE POSSIBLE THAT THE WIRES TO AND FROM IT COULD BE BAD--OR THE PICK UP WITHIN IT IS BAD

I HAVE A PIC ON HOW TO TEST ONE FOR A '79-'86 JEEP CJ---THIS ONE MAY BE SIMILAR, OR A PARTS STORE MAY BE ABLE TO TEST IT.

IF YOU WANT INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REMOVE IT AND REPLACE IT THE EZ WAY, AND BE REAL CLOSE TO BEING TIMED RIGHT---WITHOUT A BIG HASSLE TRYING TO GET IT TO TDC. THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE NOT MOVED IT OR REMOVED IT. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED TO TAKE IT OUT, FOR TESTING OR REPLACEMENT.

THIS LOOKS TO BE YOURS

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Cardone-Reman-Distributor/1989-Jeep-Cherokee-4WD/_/N-iuad6Z93xku?itemIdentifier=768903_0_0_

THE PIC AT THE BOTTOM IS MY JEEP CJ---A WIRE BREAK COULD BE BEFORE IT REACHES THE DISTRIBUTOR CONNECTOR

Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 AT 5:51 PM