1989 Taurus 3.0 autp leaking oil and trans fluid

ROBJS111
  • 1989 FORD TAURUS
1989 ford taurus oil pan leaking as well as trans pan. Replaced both gaskets in past 2 months twice. Still leaking. Installed to factory specs, torqued specs as well.
Saturday, April 23rd, 2011 AT 7:22 PM

Where exactly is it leaking at on the oil pan and the tranny pan? 2x in 2 mos.
Sunday, April 24th, 2011 AT 9:45 AM
ROBJS111
Well as far as oil pan is concerned the oil pan gasket has oil on the exterior side. Engine block below gasket has oil on it as well but I do not think it is dripping, as far as I can tell. The sides of the oil pan is dry so oil is not running down the sides. The bottom of the pan is wet with oil. The drain bolt is for sure leaking. Changed bolt to oversize, changed to copper washer, then to nylon washer, etc, etc. I think the majority of the oil leak is coming from drain bolt. What do you think? Also changed the oil pan gasket 2 both times using a blue type fel pro. Torqued bolts to 10 ft ponds. Could the bolts be shot holding oil pan to block, need a new pan?

As far as trans pan, originally had a cork gasket, changed to fel pro. Bottom of trans pan has a hint of trans fluid but the gasket is really moist with fluid. There is also a round type part of the trans on rear side right above trans pan that has 2 bolts coming out. That as well has a sheen of trans fluid as we. What do u think?

Car has 66k original miles and is in great condition all around. It did however spend a lot of time sitting in a garage for extended periods of time.

Thank you.
Sunday, April 24th, 2011 AT 5:40 PM