MY 454 K3500 RUNNING HOT

1989 Chevrolet Truck

kmcchef

February, 11, 2011 AT 1:55 PM

My truck is running hot. It seems that is has been doing this almost since it was new. My stepfather bought it new and has paperwork saying that it has this problem, and they replaced the pump and did a full check. I recently had a radiator flush done, and it did nothing. Under normal driving it is not a lot hotter than it should be, but when I am towing or sitting in traffic it heats up huge. Last time I took it out with the trailer it almost went to the red. We had to slow way down to like 55 and turn on the heater to get it cooled even a bit. My tech says it is not anything he can tell, and the only advice I am getting now is to rod it or replace it. Is there any other advice that I can get.

Running Hot

Jacobandnickolas

April, 13, 2011 AT 12:37 PM

Have you considered a heavy duty radiator? I will assume that the thermostat, clutch fan, radiator have been checked for problems and replaced as needed.

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT