DRIVING THE CAR SOMETIMES IT STOPS

1988 Toyota Corolla

redgurl

January, 21, 2012 AT 8:36 AM

Hi, I have Toyota corolla 1988 car. While you are driving the car sometimes it stops in the middle where you have to press the accelerator couple times to get it started. Then it works normal. It happens few times while you are driving. Is there something.

It is a old car. We have done several check ups and I got the filter changed as well. There is no issue with the battery. The main problem is that when you are driving the car doesn't start for few seconds as if it is going to die any minute. When I press the accelerator two to four times it continues to work as it is pumped. I have no idea what is wrong and I can not figure out if it is the brakes or some other issue with the car? I am not sure if it is the repair, brake or some other issue and I personally think it is the brake.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

January, 21, 2012 AT 8:51 AM

It could be a fuel pressure issue as well as an ignition out put problem. Have then both checked and get back to us : -)