Brakes/Vacuum

GANSMANN
  • 1988 TOYOTA 4RUNNER
Enter your question.I have a 1988 toyota pickup 2.4L 4x4 with the R E (canadian model) engine. I just replaced the master cylinder, powerbrake booster, front calipers, and 1 of the rear wheel cylinders, when I have the truck off I have full good brakes. When the truck is started the brake pedal falls to the floor I have bled over 2 full quarts of brake fluid through the system and cant seem to get any more air to come outta the lines. But when the truck is started even tho the pedal falls to the floor if I pump the pedal fast I get good brakes but my truck wants to stall out and die. What Gives.
Thursday, March 10th, 2011 AT 3:19 AM

Check the vac hose to the booster and also the check valve-master cylinder could be leaking internally
Thursday, March 10th, 2011 AT 3:29 AM
GANSMANN
When I remove the vac hose to the booster and just plug the hose it feels as if I then get good brakes but cant tell whether or not its because im losing the power assist of the vacuum or not any suggestions on better way to check also anybody have the factory settings of the boosters push rod adjustment length?
Thursday, March 10th, 2011 AT 5:11 AM