CAR RUNS THEN DIES

1988 Oldsmobile Ciera

gamyers111

April, 5, 2011 AT 12:44 AM

Why does my 1988 Olsmobile Cutlass Ciera run when the engine cold, but die when the engine is warm?
The car runs fine, when the engine is cool. However, when the engine warms up, the car runs rough, when coming to a stop, then dies. After I let the engine cool down, the car runs fine again

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

April, 5, 2011 AT 2:42 AM

Do below to determine if its a fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing