1988 Nissan Pathfinder wont idle and misfire

SPARKS369
  • 1988 NISSAN PATHFINDER
Tried to start it and it wouldnt replaced computer now it starts but will not idle on its own when we repllaced comp and started it it smoked out of throttle body do I need to buy a new throttle body
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 AT 11:30 AM

Is there still smoke from the throttle body? Was the smoke from the engine (intake) or a component on the TB? How is the engine running?
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 AT 11:43 AM
SPARKS369
Not sure grandpa was under hood and I was kepping it throttled smells like its flooding engine is missing he adjusted distrubuter and wants me to buy anew tb for it
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 AT 11:49 AM
SPARKS369
Yes there is still smoke
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 AT 11:50 AM
Can you tell me where the smoke is coming from? Also, were there issues with the TB prior to the replacement of the computer? Have you checked to make sure the fuel pressure is within the manufacturer's specs and not too high as a result of a bad pressure regulator? The reason I ask is because a TB just doesn't go bad from one day to the next. Unless there was a problem with the TB before the computer was replaced, I really don't think it has gone bad. Rather, something is causing it to dump too much fuel or the new computer is causing issues.
Thursday, April 24th, 2014 AT 5:27 AM
SPARKS369
My battery died so I got a jump and then it started smoking and misfired and wouldnt idle. I am pretty sure the smoke is coming from the throttle body. Have not checked fuel pressure, will try that. I cant tell that this computer is doing anything different from 1st computer.
Thursday, April 24th, 2014 AT 9:17 AM
SPARKS369
How do you check the fuel pressure?
Thursday, April 24th, 2014 AT 9:18 AM
Take a look at this...

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/checking-fuel-pressure-regulator
Thursday, April 24th, 2014 AT 9:51 AM