WHY DOES MY SMOKE NOW WHEN IT DID NOT PRIOR TO MY HEAD GASKET PROBLEM?

1988 Isuzu Trooper

emailhemphill

March, 26, 2012 AT 12:37 AM

One day, white vapour suddenly statred pouring out of the tailpipe of my 1988 Isuzu trooper, m which has an "I tech" 2.6 liter 4 cylinder gas engine. I used a bottle of "Blue Devil" water leak stop. After a day or so this worked and has stopped all stem from the tailpipe and has completely arrested any water/antifreeze consumption. But not before the oil became very contaminated once and got greyish and very sludgy. After a "flushing" and oil change, however, no matter what I do now, after it has run for a couple of minutes, when I "gun" it a little or under load, it produces a bluish white smoke, with no steam. But if I sh the motor off and start it a minute later, it will burn clean for a minute or two, then start the smoking again. No matter how many times I start it and shut it off in the same manner, I get the same, whether the vehicle is warmed up, or not. Now the last time I started it, I noticed that when I took off the filler cap, as it was idling, I loked and saw oil swirling inside, under the valve cover. I am not too sure that that much oil should be pooling up under there like that. I remember reading an article of yours that said some engines had small oil return holes, and wondered if my engine was one of those. Many thanks. John

fixitmr

March, 26, 2012 AT 2:34 AM

Yah, too much oil in cover not draining fast enough will get sucked thru valve stems.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang