Injectors not working on Chevy C1500

ALLABOUTCHEVY
  • 1988 CHEVROLET CHEYENNE
I have a 1988 Chevy c1500. Fuel injectors aren't letting fuel into the throttle. The fuel pump comes on and im getting fuel pressure. I just changed the computer but nothing changed. Is there any other sensors that control the injectors. Its a 5.7 tbi.
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 1:51 AM

WRENCHTECH
1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the + terminal of the coil with the key on.

2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.
-1
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 2:08 AM
ALLABOUTCHEVY
Im getting spark on all plugs. Im not getting pulse though. Im getting power to one side of the injectors. I noticed when I ground out the other side the injector stays on.

Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 2:17 PM
WRENCHTECH
Yes, that's how an injector works. The computer pulses the ground. Is you're check engine light coming on for bulb check when the key is turned on?
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 4:32 PM
ALLABOUTCHEVY
Yes the check engine light comes on but I don, t get any codes but 12 meaning no problems detected.
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 5:21 PM
WRENCHTECH
Things are starting to look like a bad ECM but before concluding that all inputs and outputs to the ECM would have to be tested and confirmed.
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 6:46 PM
ALLABOUTCHEVY
That's what I thought but I changed the ECM and had the same problem so I traded it for another one but still the same problem. Could it be a bad ground or the calpak in the ECM.
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 6:51 PM
WRENCHTECH
I already told you what needed to be done. Throwing parts at a problem will rarely fix it.
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 6:57 PM
ALLABOUTCHEVY
I found the problem. It was a bad wire coming from the ignition module. Thanks for your help.
Thursday, February 3rd, 2011 AT 9:11 PM