WELL ME AND MY SON HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING BUT THE...

1987 Nissan Pulsar

Zeus1974

December, 15, 2012 AT 8:30 PM

Well me and my son have tried everything but the car will not stay turned on we checked all the vacuum it's in it's rightful place alternator starter and battery seem good the car just won't stay on it has a brand new fuel pressure regulator on the throttle body there is a black wire on the distributor I moved directly to the negative post for better ground the car will turn on at high idle but will cut off if u don't give it gas the previous owner told us he changed the distributor on it the only thing I noticed was that I hooked up the negative wire to the positive post on the battery and then the car did not want to start at all are there any suggestions of why the car will not stay on I also the egr and it looks good.

December, 16, 2012 AT 12:10 AM

Check the ignition timing and also find the IACV-AAC and clean it out, to include the PCV valve also go to this link: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-stalls

Replace Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang