1987 Dodge Dakota coil spark

BROKENEGGS
  • 1987 DODGE DAKOTA
Where Does The Coil Get It's Current From? I Can Not Get A Spark To The Distributor If The Coil Does Not Have Current From Where Ever It Comes From To Enable It To Be Able To Sent A Spark To The Distributor. So You See I Need To Know Where The Coil Gets It's Current From So I Can Check And See Why It Is Not Sending Any Current To The Coil So That It Can Send A Spark To The Distributor.
Saturday, March 29th, 2014 AT 9:33 AM

WRENCHTECH
The coil is a transformer. It needs a 12v power supply and a pulsing reference signal to work. Use a noid light to test for correct signals arriving while cranking.
+1
Saturday, March 29th, 2014 AT 10:33 AM
BROKENEGGS
Seems That You Still Do Not Understand What I Am Asking. I Already Know That Their Is No Current Reaching The Coil. What I Really Need To Know Is What Supplies The Current To The Coil So That I Can Go To The Place That Supplies The Current To The Coil To Check Out Why It Is Not Sending Any Current To The Coil.
Saturday, March 29th, 2014 AT 11:29 AM
WRENCHTECH
It's powered off the voltage regulator on a dark blue wire. This also powers just about everything else in the engine compartment so I really doubt that supply is missing.
+1
Saturday, March 29th, 2014 AT 12:00 PM
BROKENEGGS
Since The Coil Gets It's Power From The Voltage regulator, Would This Mean That The Voltage Regulator Controls The Power Flow From The Alternator (RIGHT) If This Is true, Then It Would Seem To Me That The Truck Would Have To Be Running Before It Could Send Current To The Coil. ( Is This Right ). If This Is Right, Then This Would Explain Why The Coil Has No Current On It, Since The Truck Is Not Running. And If This All Is Right Then There Would Be No way For Any Fire To Reach The Distributor. Is All This Right Or Not? Just Checking. Would The Spark Computer Have Anything To Do With Anything?
+1
Saturday, March 29th, 2014 AT 1:21 PM
WRENCHTECH
Looking at the diagram again, that may be power going to the regulator, not from. Test both sides of fuse #13 with the key on using a test light.
+1
Saturday, March 29th, 2014 AT 1:53 PM
BROKENEGGS
Thanks For That. I Get Paid 4/1/2014 And I Will Purchase A Test Light That Day And Test Both Sides Of Fuse # 13
+1
Saturday, March 29th, 2014 AT 2:36 PM