1987 Blazer, wont run

FREDDYTOLEDO
  • 1987 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Enter your question.1987 blazer S-10. 2 wheel drive V6. Runns like its going out of gas, step on the pedal and it stalls. Will run if I pour gas into the carb(in 87 they put fuel injectors on this truck but it still looks like a carberator). People are telling me to replace the MAP sensor and the TBS? Where are these? How can I find them under the hood? Thanks
Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011 AT 2:49 PM

WRENCHTECH
That's a TBI system. First thing to do is test the fuel pressure. It needs 9-13PSI.
Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011 AT 4:17 PM
FREDDYTOLEDO
Thanks,
can I do that @ home? I'm a backyard mechanic, would rather not take it in, besides I'm in a remote part of west texas.
Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011 AT 4:41 PM
WRENCHTECH
You'll need a fuel pressure gauge and adapter for that vehicle.
Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011 AT 8:51 PM
FREDDYTOLEDO
Found the trouble, removed pump and a 2" tube @ the actual pump was rotten, seems the car sat for years and this tube was shot. Autozone didnt have it but the napa dealer ordered it for me, very pricey @20$ a foot but if thats all it takes then its all good. Thanks for the help
Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 AT 8:47 PM
WRENCHTECH
It's just fuel injection hose. Shouldn't be that expensive.
Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 AT 8:51 PM
FREDDYTOLEDO
Submersible in gasoline is why the high cost.
Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 AT 9:01 PM
WRENCHTECH
That's what fuel injection hose is. It's used all over the car. It's nothing special.
Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 AT 9:39 PM
FREDDYTOLEDO
Got everything back together and she started right up, runs alot better because I went and fixed all the vacum leeks looking for this problem. This hose in not just fuel hose, not like the one's used all over the car, its submersible and will hold up in gasoline, my fuel pump is in the tank, all the trouble it is to replace I wouldnt use just regular fuel hose. I'm in a remote part of west texas so some of the high cost is because of that. Thanks again
Friday, June 24th, 2011 AT 7:51 PM