1986 JAGUAR XJ6 4.2L V6 - BATTERY DRAINING

• Ejkiser
  • 1986 JAGUAR XJ6

1986 Jaguar XJ6 - car was working fine. Driving home one night I noticed lights seemed a little dim. I pulled into a gas station to fill up and car cranked but wouldn't start. I got a jump and it started first time. Drove home with lights getting dimmer on the way. Next morning car wouldn't start. Figured it was the alternator so I changed it out. (Had the unit tested before I installed it. Checked out OK) After install, went to start car and it "slow" cranked like the battery was dying but turned over. I let the car run for about 10 minutes to charge then turned off motor. Tried to restart car and it "slow" cranked but didn't turn over. Battery drained while trying. I put it on a charger overnight and tried to start it next morning. It "slow" cranked again but did start. I turned it off and it wouldn't start again. Please let me know how to diagnos problem or give me suggestions. I need help. Thanks

Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012 AT 2:17 AM

• Billymac

Test your battery if drops below 10 volts under load replace batt

Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012 AT 2:29 AM