• landamqabba
  • 1986 Alfa Romeo
  • manual

Hi, I am planning to fit a charger on my alfa romeo to increase the power and since it revs and peaks low (5600 peak power and 5300 peak tourqe) I will use a supercharger instead of a turbo, but since they are expensive I will use half a turbo (the tubine that sucks air) and fit a pulley to atttach a belt so it can be driven by the crank.

My question is how much does a turbo charger turn or rev due to the exhaust? A rough estimate will be enough since my eninge dosen t rev that much but if it revs more I will be using a gearbox to add more turns ur change the pulley sizes to add or reduce the turns untill I can obtain the boost I want

Friday, May 27th, 2011 AT 10:48 PM

• merlin2021

How will you manage the wastegate to protect agsinst overboost doing this? I think installing just a standard Turbo is the way to go. Unless your an automotive engineer?

Saturday, May 28th, 2011 AT 1:49 AM