WHATS CAUSING MY TO CUT OUT, STALL, BACK FIRE, LOSS OF BEING ABLE TO ACCELORATE?

1985 Toyota Pickup

beautifulhazleyes

October, 31, 2011 AT 11:47 PM

I bought a 1985 toyota pick up truck 22r engine. Sat for at least a couple of years. Tried to get started having a little trouble but we got it. Bought a new filter for the carborator. Bought a new fuel pump. Ran great. Havnt really drove it though till a couple months back to go get it smoged and what do you know. I didnt even get over 45mph the first stretch for her legs with us. And the truck started stutering stalling complete lack of wanting to go. It started back firing and cutn out like its starving for fuel. The new fuel pump dosnt even have 30 miels on it to an extreme fuel filter looks good. What else could be causing this and how can I fix it. I dont know where to start or what to do. The manual is vauge. Fuel pump is new. Im in the middle of moving and our dodge is having some major problems to. Please I need some help seriously.

fixitmr

November, 1, 2011 AT 4:53 AM

Maybe the EGR is letting to much air into mix? Disconnect it and see if that helps.

Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995