1985 CJ7 4 cyl

NBROWN
  • 1985 JEEP CJ7
I have a 1985 cj7 4cly and I have a spark when you turn the jeep on but no spark when its cranking I got a new coil moduel and selinoid but dont know what else to look at and still cant get anything but that one spark when u turn the key on the jeep was being restored and has a fiberglass body on it but we bought it half restored so were worken on someone elses mess and dont know if they hooked up everything right like ground and stuff
Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 AT 7:13 PM

I'm gonna paste in a bunch!

Pay attention to the Part about the CORRECT COIL! (Just above "my" 2nd set of pics)

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1986-jeep-cj7-help-needed

As you can see from the link, I will hang with you, make pics, send pics and links......anything to aid a Fellow CJer!......Keeping "TRUE HEARTED" CJ Jeep people on/ off the Road is my crusade here.

Are you Mechanical, Can you use a voltmeter well, can you send pics, DO YOU PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS?

Your turn, we WILL get something happening!

The Medic

(Raz, Haven't seen you in a while, Been in the rear?)

Wednesday, June 1st, 2011 AT 2:41 AM
Nbrown,

I too would probably commit suicide if Jeep had not been roadworthy for the last 12+ days.

Did you get him fixed?

Did we help at all?

We do like to hear the rest of the story, we learn too!

The Medic
Monday, June 13th, 2011 AT 3:33 AM
Yes, I've been in the REMF's HQ-finding my way back here was tough-no commo gear was dealined to get in the freq, now I'm permanent party again. Good luck on the idle and timing problem-lol
Monday, June 13th, 2011 AT 3:42 AM
OOOOOOOH NOOOOOO!

The F-250 is yours!

You know the CJs is my AO

I just sorta jumped in on the wrong DZ, dropped a few 60mm mortar rounds. Now on E and E!

I did't know if you had caught the part about "Turning up the idle"

How you reckon he came up with "Timing is off" (unless he messed with it)

Think it was just a rough idle, and his pals just started slinging stuff at him?

If thats the case he failed to mention "Vapor Lock"--Thats an all time favorite meaning, "Yeah, I know my stuff, buddy, disprove that". If you can actually figger out what it means!

Get back on the F-250. That cyber stuff messes me up!

The Medic
Monday, June 13th, 2011 AT 3:55 AM
I'll take care of that-I gave him a heat round let see what's up-Could be operator headspace-needing the timing device of the 50Cal-lol
Monday, June 13th, 2011 AT 4:00 AM