My Dodge power Ram w150 wont start. When I turn the key

TERRYGROVES
  • 1985 DODGE TRUCK
My 85 dodge power ram w150 wont start. When I turn the key there is nothing and it was running fine yesterday and today it seems like there is no battery life but there is cause I checked it with my multimeter on volts and got 12.96 battery voltage. Jumped starter and it cranks no power to dash What could be my problem?

Saturday, August 25th, 2012 AT 11:42 PM

ASEMASTER6371
Could be a burned fusible link. If it is blown, you need to find out why it blew or it will happen again and again.

+1
Saturday, August 25th, 2012 AT 11:58 PM
THE PIC IN THE BOTTOM OF MY LINK SAYS IT ALL

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

MAINLY THE "MEAT AND POTATOES" OF THE LINK, WAS REFERRING TO MY BUDDY W/ A S-10 TRUCK W/ SIDE POST TERMINALS.......SOON I WILL MAKE A PIC SHOWING HOW TO TAKE 'EM APART AND PROPERLY CLEAN THEM, AS FEW PEOPLE DON'T KNOW HOW TO

AS FOR THE PIC IN MY LINK.....ANOTHER BUDDY WITH A '85 CJ 7 JEEP...IT HAD "TOP POSTS".......HIS JEEP HAD EXACTLY THE SAME SYMPTOMS THAT YOU TRUCK HAS NOW, EVEN THE "JUMPING THING"

KEEP US INFORMED

Sunday, August 26th, 2012 AT 12:25 AM
TERRYGROVES
Link was burned replaced link there is a blue, green, orange, black wires all go in to black connector and to a lg black wire that goes to the block on the firewall could something in the connector be bad?
+1
Sunday, August 26th, 2012 AT 11:51 PM
ASEMASTER6371
Possible but it fails for a reason. After you replaced it, did all the systems come back on line?

Monday, August 27th, 2012 AT 12:14 AM
TERRYGROVES
Yes and it cranks over about 5 sec the burns fuseevery thing works as long as I dont try to start it
Monday, August 27th, 2012 AT 12:33 AM
ASEMASTER6371
There is your starting point. Check the starter circuit for heavy draws or shorts.

Monday, August 27th, 2012 AT 12:38 AM