85 CHEVY TRUCK POSSIBLE VAPOR LOCK

• Scott Norris
  • 1985 Chevrolet Astro

My 85 chevy truck starts and runs good until I've driven it for a little while. At some point while driving, the engine just cuts off. I try to restart it and it acts like it wants to start, but it's not turning over enough to start it. After about an hour or so, I try to start it again. It takes me several tries to start. I try pumping the gas a little and the engine turns over and I'm on my way again. Vapor lock has been mentioned. I've recently replaced the gas tank because it had a small leak in it, and shortly before that I had the engine replaced in it. I've also recently replaced the starter too. Yesterday I replaced the radiator in it because it was leaking. I really like my truck, but it's costing me a small fortune in repairs. Any help in figuring out what might be wrong will be GREATLY appreciated because this is absolutely driving me nuts.

Sunday, June 5th, 2011 AT 3:30 AM

• mhpautos

When the car stalls do a fuel pressure test, sounds like low fuel pressure may be a problem, start here.

Sunday, June 5th, 2011 AT 3:57 AM