1984 Jeep CJ7 EVAP

TECHTONY04
  • 1984 JEEP CJ7
I went to do a somg. Everything else passed expect the evap I changed acouple hoses that were leaking and took it again and now it has a gross leak. I did the smoke evap test to detech leakes but couldn't find anything. I changed my pvc valve since it was leaking oil. But I haven't went back what else could it be
Monday, April 27th, 2015 AT 5:38 PM

I'M IN A REGION WHERE THERE IS NO SMOG TESTING

THINGS SORTA WORK A LOT DIFFERENTLY HERE

I'LL SEE IF I CAN AID YOU IN SOME WAY

ARE WE DEALING WITH A CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS JEEP?

OR IS THIS A 49 STATES MODEL?

ENGINE SIZE?

ME, NOT KNOWING A WHOLE BUNCH ABOUT THE TESTING SUBJECT, ARE YOU SORTA GIVEN ANY KINDA LENIENCY DUE TO THE FACT YOUR RIG IS 31 YEARS OLD? (SOME PLACES ONLY REQUIRE MINIMAL STUFF)

WHAT IS THE REQUIREMENTS AS FAR AS WHAT "EMISSION GOODIES" MUST BE ON THE ENGINE? DOES IT HAVE TO BE COMPLETELY 100% FACTORY UNDER THE HOOD?

AS FAR AS THE SMOKE TEST, IS THIS A COMMERCIAL SHOP SORT THING OR IS THIS A DIY KINDA DEAL?

WHEN YOU WERE HOOKED UP TO THE SMOKER, WHERE WAS IT INTRODUCED INTO? LIKE THE INTAKE MANIFOLD? OR WAS IT JUST HOOKED INTO A RANDOM VACUUM LINE? WHAT I'M GETTING AT IS, WAS THE ENTIRE SYSTEM SMOKE TESTED OR IS IT POSSIBLE THAT CHECK VALVES AND SUCH ITEMS PREVENTED IT FROM REACHING EVERYTHING

(LIKE ONLY THESE HOSES I'M "THEORETICALLY" SPEAKING OF ARE ONLY "OPEN OR IN USE" WHEN THE ENGINE IS RUNNING AND VACUUM/ TEMPERATURE IS WHAT OPENS THEM TO THE REST OF THE SYSTEM)

DO YOU POSSIBLY WANT A VACUUM DIAGRAM OF THE SYSTEM TO VERIFY HOSE ROUTING?

Monday, April 27th, 2015 AT 8:57 PM