1983 Jaguar XJ6 Won't Turn Over

TRIPLECROWN_12
  • 1983 JAGUAR XJ6

1983 Jaguar XJ6 V12 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

Hello there,
My Jaguar has been sitting outside with a cover on it for about six months, I know this is bad. I put a new battery in it and it turned over but it sounded like it was having a hard time. I kept trying to start it till now it just clicks, I recharged the battery and tried to jump start it but it still clicks. I think I might need a new starter or some brushes? In the starter might be bad. I can't find the starter can you help me? I have very little money so I can't take it to a mechanic! As you already know they are very expensive to have worked on. My father handed it down to me in this condition, I would like to give it to my son some day.

Sunday, July 11th, 2010 AT 7:43 PM

No crank at all/nothing/nada:

Could be a blown fusible link,the starter, starter relay, park and neutral switch/transmission position switch and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good. Note:If it doesn't apply disregard.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_s_7.jpg

Sunday, July 11th, 2010 AT 7:59 PM
KATAKLYSMICKAT

Sounds like your solenoid

Monday, October 10th, 2011 AT 9:47 AM