83 Ford Ranger no heat

DIGGER350
  • 1983 FORD RANGER
1983 ford ranger no heat?Heater core not blocked or leaking, new 195 degree thermostat, did find the heater control valve box?Under the carb was blocked with a lot of gunk, cleaned it all out replaced a vacum port switch on the box, heater hoses now getting hot but still cool air no heat only thing I can think of trying is replacing the blend door actuator but cant find it took out the glove box and dont see it, do I need to take the dash out to replace it or check the blend door?
Saturday, December 25th, 2010 AT 7:40 PM

If both heater core hoses are getting hot, the blend door is the problem. However, if only one is getting hot, there is a blockage in the core. As far as the blend door, it is located next to the heater core. Not a fun job to get to.
-1
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 AT 3:50 PM
DIGGER350
I, ve cleaned out everything had a lot of stuff in the ducts like mice been there flushed out core heater hoses get hot now puts out a little warmer heat now more than it did i, ll try a new heater core later
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 AT 7:29 PM
When you flushed the heater core, if the water flowed freely, that isn't the problem. I would focus on blend door. Make sure it is operating fully in both directions. If a mouse or something got in there, it could be blocking it from fully opening. If both heater core hoses are hot, that is where the problem has to be coming from. Plus, if you don't have to, trust me when I say, don't replace the heater core. It isn't a fun job.
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 AT 10:29 PM
DIGGER350
It flowed easy and not hard at all to take out on this truck just remove the cover dash not in the way of it. Blend door opens and closes ok
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 AT 10:57 PM
Okay, if the heater hoses are hot, the blend door is working properly, and the core is clear. Wow, now you have me stumped. The hoses indicate the coolant is heating the core, the core is clear allowing the coolant to flow and the blend door is opening properly. You should have perfect heat. The only thing I can think of now is the engine isn't getting hot enough, but I think you mentioned it was, correct? This is a basic system and you have done it all and all seems to be working as designed.
Saturday, January 22nd, 2011 AT 11:51 PM
DIGGER350
It, s a very weird truck I guess it just got too old to put out good heat, when I started out I took the heater hoses off and followed one back to the engine where it t, ed off into another hose running to a box under the carberator and that box-cover was full of old gunk cleaned all that out and it seems after that the engine runs a little better idles a little higher the engine runs at about 180 degrees by the guage I just give up on it I only drive it every once in awhile my main truck is a 98 gmc 1500
Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 AT 4:12 PM