1983 CADILLAC DEVILLE DIGITAL FUEL INJECTION PROBLEMS

• poprocks6301
  • 1983 Cadillac Deville

I have got a 1983 Cadillac Coupe Deville and I am having trouble with the fuel pump. When I go to start the car it really wants to turn over, but the fuel pump won't turn pump gas to the engine. But if I put gas in the carberator then it will try to run off the gas I put in the carbirator.
we have gotten it once to run off the gas I put in the carbirator. I am debating if it is the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, or a blown or missing fuse. The problem comes, because I don't know which relay is which. Can someone please give me some suggestions on this subject?

Thursday, September 27th, 2012 AT 2:08 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Do a fuel pressure check. In most cases, it is the fuel pump itself that has failed.

Thursday, September 27th, 2012 AT 2:28 AM
  • poprocks6301

OK THANK YOU I WILL LOOK INTO THAT

Thursday, September 27th, 2012 AT 2:37 AM
  • cadieman

I had the same car back in my cadie yrs. Do u hear the pump run when u first turn the key on?Drop the r/side under dash panel.U will see a relay panel with fuses in it. There is a 20 amp. Mini fuse their marked fuel pump. Use a test light or volt meter to check that voltage is there and the fuse isnt blown. We can start here. Kk

Thursday, September 27th, 2012 AT 3:43 AM
  • poprocks6301

Ok thanks cadieman. I will look into that and tell you the results when I can thank you. It might be a week or so before I can do it cause im busy so please keep watching for my reply

Thursday, September 27th, 2012 AT 1:30 PM
  • cadieman

Np gl ill be here.

Thursday, September 27th, 2012 AT 2:07 PM
  • poprocks6301

Hey cadieman. I am sorry I have not replied in a while. Ive been working on my 1983 Cadillac Coupe Deville. I changed my fuel pump.
It actually runs now. But I have 1 question. How do I clean the digital fuel injectors in the throttle body?

Sunday, November 11th, 2012 AT 2:44 PM
  • cadieman

Add Lucas fuel system cleaner. He

Monday, November 12th, 2012 AT 7:54 AM
  • poprocks6301

Ok I will cadieman. Thank you for your help. We are still working on the car. Lol

Thursday, June 6th, 2013 AT 9:20 PM