DIGITAL FUEL INJECTION PROBLEMS

1983 Cadillac Deville

poprocks6301

September, 27, 2012 AT 2:08 AM

I have got a 1983 Cadillac Coupe Deville and I am having trouble with the fuel pump. When I go to start the car it really wants to turn over, but the fuel pump won't turn pump gas to the engine. But if I put gas in the carberator then it will try to run off the gas I put in the carbirator.
we have gotten it once to run off the gas I put in the carbirator. I am debating if it is the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, or a blown or missing fuse. The problem comes, because I don't know which relay is which. Can someone please give me some suggestions on this subject?

F150

Fuel Pump Relay

September, 27, 2012 AT 2:28 AM

Do a fuel pressure check. In most cases, it is the fuel pump itself that has failed.

poprocks6301

September, 27, 2012 AT 2:37 AM

OK THANK YOU I WILL LOOK INTO THAT

cadieman

September, 27, 2012 AT 3:43 AM

I had the same car back in my cadie yrs. Do u hear the pump run when u first turn the key on?Drop the r/side under dash panel.U will see a relay panel with fuses in it. There is a 20 amp. Mini fuse their marked fuel pump. Use a test light or volt meter to check that voltage is there and the fuse isnt blown. We can start here. Kk

poprocks6301

September, 27, 2012 AT 1:30 PM

Ok thanks cadieman. I will look into that and tell you the results when I can thank you. It might be a week or so before I can do it cause im busy so please keep watching for my reply

cadieman

September, 27, 2012 AT 2:07 PM

Np gl ill be here.

poprocks6301

November, 11, 2012 AT 2:44 PM

Hey cadieman. I am sorry I have not replied in a while. Ive been working on my 1983 Cadillac Coupe Deville. I changed my fuel pump.
It actually runs now. But I have 1 question. How do I clean the digital fuel injectors in the throttle body?

cadieman

November, 12, 2012 AT 7:54 AM

Add Lucas fuel system cleaner. He

poprocks6301

June, 6, 2013 AT 9:20 PM

Ok I will cadieman. Thank you for your help. We are still working on the car. Lol

Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement