MY JEEP IDLES SMOOTHLY BUT WHEN YOU PUT IT IN ...

1982 Jeep CJ7

bretthataway

March, 7, 2013 AT 3:36 AM

My jeep idles smoothly but when you put it in gear & press the accelerator, it bogs down like it is either loading up or starving for fuel. I've heard that there is a valve or switch In the transmission that has something to do with this. Any ideas?

March, 8, 2013 AT 12:14 AM

LET'S START OUT WITH.

. WHAT THE HECK DO WE HAVE!

ENGINE. TRANNY. CARB?

ARE YOU ABLE TO SEND PICS (ESPECIALLY LEFT, RIGHT, TOP VIEWS OF YOUR ENGINE.W/ OUTSIDE LIGHT. HOOD LAID BACK ON THE WINDSHIELD FRAME). THIS WOULD BE MOST HELPFUL FOR ME TO SEE 'ZACKLY WHAT'S UNDER THERE!

TELL ME MORE ABOUT HOW YOU USE IT, MODS, HISTORY. FEEL FREE TO WRITE A WHOLE BUNCH (THIS IS SORTA YOUR 2ND IMPRESSION) I REALLY NEED TO "SEE" WHAT YOU ARE STICKING IN MY GARAGE, AS THERE ARE SO MANY FACTORS THAT I NEED TO CONSIDER WHEN I WRITE "NOVELS" BACK TO YOU ON WHAT TO CHECK AND WHAT TO DO!

TELL ME WHAT KINDA "TUNING UP" YOU HAVE DONE. PARTS. WHEN?

DO YOU HAVE A DWELL/ TACH METER AND A TIMING LIGHT.A VACUUM GAUGE WOULD BE A NICE TOUCH!

WHAT ABOUT MANUAL? WHICH ONES. DECENT TOOL SET?

I'M ALL EARS, YOU ARE THE 1ST CJ 7 TO SHOW UP IN 2 MONTHS. CJs ARE THE WHOLE REASON I'M DOING THIS. GLAD YOU CAME TO SEE ME!

YOUR TURN

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma