I got white smoke and liquid coming out of the exhaust

DELOREANG10
  • 1982 DAIHATSU CHARADE

Hi, I've changed the head gasket, and I have still some white smoke and some liquid coming out from the exhaust pipe. I didnt put any coolant now, and yet there is already some liquid and smoke coming out. Is this normal? Is this the rest from the previous I replaced the head gasket because there was a huge coolant leak and big white smoke coming out from the exhaust pipe. Now that I replaced the head gasket, took the cylinder head to a shop who re leveled the head, cleaned the cylinder block very carefully, and couldnt see any cracks on the head nor on the block, I can see some little white smoke coming out from the exhaust and some liquid druplets. Even though I didnt put any coolant in the system right before the first start after the job, I could already see some smoke. How come? Does coolant can still be present for example in the muffler? Does it take a lot of time to take that out of the system? Does that creates smoke?

Thursday, October 20th, 2011 AT 6:39 PM

Water could be still in the catalytic converter and the muffler-could be leaking at the intake manifold gasket-

Friday, October 28th, 2011 AT 9:24 AM