I found directions for the manual shifter shaft seal replacement. It explains how to remove the shaft. The attached pics correlate with the directions.
1991 Ford Truck F 150 2WD Pickup V8-302 5.0L
Manual Shift Lever Seal
Vehicle Transmission and Drivetrain Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Shifter A/T Service and Repair Procedures Shifter A/T Removal and Installation Manual Shift Lever Seal
MANUAL SHIFT LEVER SEAL
1. Remove manual lever position sensor connector. Check condition of electrical connectors and terminals, then repair as needed.
2. Remove lever control rod from manual lever, then the two manual lever position sensor bolts.
3. Loosen oil pan attaching bolts and drain fluid from transmission, then remove attaching bolts and pan.
4. Remove filter and seal assembly. Ensure seal is removed from bore.
Removing Manual Lever Roll Pin
5. Remove manual lever roll pin using remover tool No. T78P-3504-N or equivalent.
6. Remove inner detent lever nut. Hold lever with crescent wrench to prevent strain on lever assembly.
Removing Manual Lever Seal
7. Remove inner detent lever and park actuating rod assembly from manual lever.
8. Remove manual lever.
9. Remove manual lever seal using screwdriver.
CAUTION: Do not score bore.
1. Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
a. Install seal using shift lever seal replacer tool No. T74P-77498-A or equivalent.
B. Inner detent lever must be sealed on flats of shaft, and rod assembly must be through guide plate.
C. Inner lever pin must be aligned with manual lever.
D. Align manual lever position sensor for Neutral gear position using gear position sensor adjuster No. T89T-70010-J or equivalent.
If you run into trouble, let me know. I'll try my best to help from here.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 AT 8:43 PM