TRUCK RUNS ROUGH AND MISSES CHANGED COIL ...

• Anonymous
  • 1978 Ford F-150

Truck runs rough and misses changed coil distributor and has new catb thats tuned new plug wires and timing is spot on what could it be motor is a 351m

Tuesday, March 19th, 2013 AT 2:41 AM

• CJ MEDEVAC

LOOK FOR A VACUUM LEAK

MAYBE TRASH IN THE CARB

LOOK AT YOUR PLUG WIRES, SEE IF THEY HAVE RUBBED AGAINST SOMETHING AND ARE ARCING----YOU CAN PROTECT THEM BY SPLITTING PIECES OF VACUUM OR FUEL LINE AND COVERING THE WIRE WHERE IT COULD OR IS RUBBING

.I'M ASSUMING YOU MEANT IT WAS "TUNED" AND "TIMING" WAS DEAD ON AT IDLE SPEED (700-750 RPM?), VACUUM ADVANCE WAS PLUGGED OFF DURING TIMING PROCEDURE. THEN RECONNECTED. BUT MOST OF ALL. IT WAS RUNNING WELL WHEN YOU WERE DONE?

. OR DO YOU MEAN. IT'S BEEN RUNNING LIKE CRAP THE WHOLE TIME. AND YOU ARE TRYING TO TUNE IT?

CAN YOU SEND PICS---IN GOOD LIGHT. LEFT. RIGHT. TOP OF ENGINE WITH THE BREATHER REMOVED?

MAYBE I'LL CATCH SOMETHING!

I JUST INHERITED MY DAD'S '76 W/ 351 WINDSOR. IMMA JEEP CJ GUY, CARB VEHICLES ARE MY THING!

Tuesday, March 19th, 2013 AT 5:05 AM