WE'VE INSTALLED A NEW ENGINE BUT THE WIRING IS A MESS

1973 Chevrolet Nova

novajoe

May, 20, 2012 AT 11:06 PM

What, as far as the electrical, is necessary to start the engine We've put a newer ('91) block into my Nova but trying to figure out where all the wires went we're finding some of them have long since been clipped off, disconnected or spliced together haphazardly and we're not sure if anything was hooked up right. My immediate concern is to get the car running, the accessories I can figure out later.

From diagrams I've found for the starter I have the main terminal connected to the battery and the R terminal connected to the coil, but I can't find a clear explanation of what to connect the S terminal to. I'm pretty sure the distributor, alternator, and carburetor are all in order too. What else am I missing?

Grand Wiring Problem

May, 20, 2012 AT 11:56 PM

The wire from the ignition switch that is hot in start mode only goes on the s terminal. It is either purple or yellow.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler PT
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500