1968 Chevrolet Nova engine run problem

OLDCOMBINER
  • 1968 CHEVROLET NOVA
This engine is actually in a john deere 3300 combine. It is a 219 cu. In. 6 cyl. The problem is; when it gets to operating temp, it begins to act like it is not getting enough gas - slows down, speeds up, slows down, etc. I pull the choke, and it runs briefly then loses power again until I finally have to stop. The sediment bowl is clean and getting gas - it just seems like it is not getting enough to keep the carb. Charged - or is there something else going on related to engine temp?
Jeff
Saturday, September 5th, 2015 AT 7:45 AM

I'VE MESSED WITH A FEW TRACTORS

(BASICALLY MY '46 WILLYS IS ONE!)

SOUNDS FUEL RELATED "TO ME"

IF THERE IS A FUEL FILTER, HAS IT BEEN CHANGED?

IF IT'S A GLASS BOWL DANGLING FROM A TRADITIONAL TYPE TRACTOR FUEL TANK, I FOUND CHUNKS OF RUST THAT COULD NOT ENTER THE BOWLS INLET, BUT DID RESTRICT FLOW

ALSO ON ANOTHER ONE, SAME SORTA DEAL, EXCEPT I REMOVED MAYBE 10 WASP BODIES WHEN I REMOVED THE UNSCREWED THE WHOLE BOWL ASSEMBLY FROM THE TANK.

IF THAT AIN'T THE DEAL - TRY THE "RAG THING" OR EVEN USE A "SPRAY PAINT LID" SEE THE DEAL IN THIS POST (LINK)

CHECK VACUUM LINES, INSURE NONE ARE BROKE LOOSE, AND SUCKING AIR. TRY TAKING THE EGR VACUUM LINE LOOSE AND CAPPING THE LINE OR CARB PORT TO IT

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/jeep-wrangler-1988-jeep-wrangler-engine-issues-when-braking

MIGHT DO THIS STUFF TOO

CHECK VACUUM LINES, INSURE NONE ARE BROKE LOOSE, AND SUCKING AIR. TRY TAKING THE EGR VACUUM LINE LOOSE AND CAPPING THE LINE OR CARB PORT TO IT. CARB AIN'T LOOSE ON THE INTAKE? CARB SCREWS ON THE BODY ARE SNUG?

HERE'S ANOTHER ONE THAT COULD HELP, YOU MAY ALREADY BE ON TOP OF ALL OF THIS!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/jeep-cj7-1985-jeep-cj7-stalls-when-hot

LET ME KNOW IF ANY OF THIS WAS HELPFUL AND RETURN WITH GOOD NEWS

Saturday, September 5th, 2015 AT 5:03 PM