Found a loose rear axle and dont know what it came out of to buy brake parts/drums for it.

JOE TODESCHI
  • 1961 ALL OTHER MAKES ALL OTHER MODELS

Hello, I am trying to identify a loose rear axle that I found so I can use it in a hot rod project.I can only find markings on the third member that read A22 35200 And a large number 10. I assume its a GM axle because stamped on the brake backing plates is " moraine products 5459999-R and 5459998-L". From what I could find moraine products made things for GM. The brake wheel cylinders are marked 649 5450 1". This axle is a five lug with reverse threads on the drivers side and setup from the factory with a four link suspension setup. It looks like a ford nine inch on the back of the "pumpkin" with half of it having a "hump" but does not have the two dimples like a ford nine inch. It seems to have fairly large axles so maybe it came out of a truck?The third member is removable from the front with ten bolts, But from research it is definitely not a GM ten bolt, as it does not have the removable tin cover on the back. It is a very large and wide axle "I think it is 63 inches from backing plate to backing plate but cant be sure"If anyone can help me I would Greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Tuesday, September 4th, 2012 AT 4:48 PM

KHLOW2008

If you can post some pictures, I am sure it would be more useful.

Tuesday, September 4th, 2012 AT 5:21 PM