Hard Start after replacing Crankshaft position sensor - HELP!

COLLI026
  • 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA

My 2006 Altima 2.5L started jerking on the highway at around 65-70 MPH. I ignored it for a few weeks until the service engine soon light came on and became hard to start when the engine was hot. Took it to Advance Auto to have the codes checked out. The codes are P0335 (Crankshaft position sensor) and P0725 (Engine speed sensor). I replaced the crankshaft position sensor but now the car is hard to crank all the time and the codes are still there. I thought the replacement sensor may have been bad so I took it back and got another one and replaced it. Still the same issue. The sensor is the new style with the metal casing, though it is aftermarket. The car seems to run fine but it's hard to start and I can't get the codes to clear. I have searched the internet over to find an answer. It seems like a lot of people are having the same problem but I haven't seen an answer. Any thoughts?

Monday, October 21st, 2013 AT 8:20 AM

2CARPROS KEN

Some aftermarket sensors are made cheaply with an incorrect winding resistance which can make them act strange. I would buy a factory unit and try that. Also if you haven't replaced your spark plugs recently please do that, you would be surprised at what problems old plugs can cause.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-change-spark-plugs

Please let me know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Best, Ken

-1
Sunday, April 9th, 2017 AT 12:05 PM