Engine reduced power

BILLTHURSTON
  • 2002 ISUZU RODEO
Reduced power light is on with check engine. I was wondering if I could get the trouble shooting tree sent to me? Thanks.
Thursday, May 5th, 2016 AT 7:56 PM

You need to scan for codes to see what is causing it first auto parts can do it for free if in US
Friday, May 6th, 2016 AT 7:19 AM
RENEE
Here is a link to an article that features written instructions and pictures explaining how to do the scan yourself, also I have included a link to our YouTube channel with a how to video on code scanning. Most scanners are inexpensive to purchase, you can purchase one from Amazon.com. Once you have the codes please get back to us so that we can further assist you. Thank you for visiting 2CarPros.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/checking-a-service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

and

https://youtu.be/YV3TRZwer8k
+1
Friday, May 6th, 2016 AT 1:34 PM
BILLTHURSTON
Thanks guys. I have the codes P1125, P1295, P1299, P1515, P1340, P1326, P1310. I think some are for the transmission for the reduced power and I had to drive it home. From this site and others I am reading it is either the TPS or the one on the gas peddle. I replaced the TPS about 3 years ago but that could still be the problem. Any help is welcome and thank you
+1
Friday, May 6th, 2016 AT 2:35 PM
KEN
Hey Bill,

Please clear the codes and take it for another short drive as soon as the light comes on run the codes. This will bring up one or two codes that will help us find the problem. With a list that long some codes are false and we don't want to start going down the wrong road to fix it.
+1
Sunday, May 8th, 2016 AT 12:38 PM
BILLTHURSTON
Sorry it took so long. Cleared the codes and it finally gave me the reduced power and these are the codes P1125, P1295, @P1515. I know the P1515 is the reduced power. I looked up the other ones and I'm wondering if it is again the throttle position sensor. Again any help is appreciated. Thanks
+1
Tuesday, May 10th, 2016 AT 2:50 PM
KEN
Hey Bill,

Yep its looking that the TP sensor is going or gone bad, try to replace it and let us know what happens.

Best, Ken
+1
Tuesday, May 10th, 2016 AT 3:25 PM
BILLTHURSTON
Is it the one on the gas pedal or the one on the engine
+1
Tuesday, May 10th, 2016 AT 4:14 PM
KEN
If it has an electronic throttle its the one by the gas pedal, if not its the sensor by the throttle body.
+1
Wednesday, May 11th, 2016 AT 12:30 PM
BILLTHURSTON
Replaced the TPS by the peddle and so far it is working. My next question is what should the idle be. After its warm it is running around 775rpm. That is controlled through that sensor I just installed. You can adjust the peddle sensor. I think it should be around 6oorpm at warm idle.
+1
Sunday, May 15th, 2016 AT 12:09 AM
Idle speed is controlled by pcm and should be 750 rpm. 25 rpm is nothing to try to adjust for
+1
Sunday, May 15th, 2016 AT 8:25 AM
BILLTHURSTON
Okay then thanks to all of technicians out there that assisted me. I will look at the site and see if in the future I can help out also.
Monday, May 16th, 2016 AT 2:50 AM
KEN
That would be great, we help one person at a time get back on the road :)
+1
Monday, May 16th, 2016 AT 10:34 AM
CHASNESS
HMAC300 please advise on my 2001 reduced power post thanx God Bless Chas
Friday, September 23rd, 2016 AT 9:06 AM
KEN
Hi CHASNESS,

Please start a new question here https://www.2carpros.com/questions/new

Best, Ken
Friday, September 23rd, 2016 AT 3:22 PM