WON'T START, BATTERY IS GOOD

2003 Ford Taurus • 120,000 miles

Saw your earlier answer about the starter relay in the fuse/panel box. Does the relay replace the starter solenoid? I get one click and then nothing, I remember jumping the big brass connectors on solenoids on Fords as a kid, but they were up front, visible, and accessible.

Thanx

Dan
Bldg4488

Sounds like you have a bad starter motor. Make sure the battery is good as well.

Relay does not take the place of the solenoid

I am not a master certified Tech but I can Reassure that what he is saying is true. The relay your reffering to( Starter Relay ) is just so the ignition switch doesn't have to bear the amount of current draw that the starter motor needs. It protects it from possible damage. Pin numbers 85 and 86 are the pins to the coil of the relay which is what teh ignition switch is attached to. Pin numbers 30, 87a, and 87 are the contact points to which the starter control circuit is connected.

Markito