WONT START AFTER ITS BEEN DRIVEN

1993 Ford Ranger

I have a problem with my 93 ford ranger 3.0, it starts up when its cold but if I drive it or leave it for a few and turn it off it wont start again until its cold what can be the problem I check the pick up coils and they have power
Ruben541

Do this for me. When it doesn't start, see if the fuel pump is running and if you are getting spark. If neither is working, switch the EEC relay with another one in the relay box that has the same part number and see if it starts. I have seen this problem many times over the years. If the relay is bad, it shuts down spark and fuel to the engine. Then, after sitting for a while, it works again and the car starts.

Let me know what you find.

I replaced the eec relay it started I let it run for about 30 minutes and turn it off but it wouldnt start after that

Ruben541
I thought that was the problem. Okay, lets move on. When it doesn't start, have you checked to see if there is spark and fuel to the engine? One has to be missing. Let me know.

Theres spark and fuel

Ruben541
If you have spark to the plugs (a good hot blue spark) and fuel to the fuel rail (within the manufacturer's specs) then the last thing left would be the injectors are losing power. Have you checked them? Will the truck start if you use starting fluid?