WING/VENT WINDOWS

1992 Ford F-150 • 236,000 miles

Recently purchased weatherstripping kits for my doors. This includes the vent windows. I removed the driver's vent window assembly and put the new weatherstripping on it. I took extra time to make sure every groove and channel was locked in and snug. Reinstalled the glass and decided to test it prior to placing it back in the vehicle. It leaks around the top corner of the glass. Running my finger along the edge, you notice a decrease in pressure along the seal from the bottom near the locking handle, upwards.

Is there some way to adjust the tension? Is there some trade secret to installing this stuff? The old weatherstripping for the window wasn't bad, but since I replaced the rest, why not this. I didn't bother with the vent window on the passenger side yet as I couldn't manage to get this one right.

MStrawder

Ok so where did the kit come from? Is it leaking through the seal between the glass and upright infront of the window or? There is some minor adjusting you can do with the door panel off loosen the screws and move the wing window support a bit but it won't adjust much. I don't really think you did anything wrong just need to move the vent window a bit to get a better seal. Now also check the pin that the wing window lock is on make sure it isn't bent or loose as this will not get it shut tight enough to seal.

Racefan966