SERVICE MAINTENANCE LIGHT

2008 Volvo XC70

2008 Volvo XC70 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 18,000 miles

How do I reset the Maintenance light after service
Veraandy

The SRI lights the first time the ignition is switched on after the service interval has been reached. The SRI will continue to illuminate, and remain illuminated, for 2 minutes every time the ignition is switched on or until it is reset. The SRI can be programmed for distance traveled, time since last service and engine hours since last service. Programming is done using the Volvo factory scan tool.
Starting from the 2002 model year, the need for service is indicated partly by the lamp and partly by a text message, TIME FOR SERVICE or TIME FOR REGULAR SERVICE. The SRI can be reset using the Volvo factory scan tool (or equivalent aftermarket scan tool), or using the following method.
Turn ignition to position I.
Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer.
NOTE: Turn key to position II within 2 seconds.

Turn ignition to position II.
Hold the reset button for the trip meter until the original value has been reset.
NOTE: Starting from 2003 model year, a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.

NOTE: If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the SRI is not reset.

Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument cluster will give an audible signal when resetting is completed.
If the trip meter is already reset, the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.
2003-06 XC90

Dave H
Thanks for getting back to me. Please be advised that the 2008 xc70 does not have a key to turn to position 1
It has a key and push start button. Please advise if the service light can be rest without the scan tool

Veraandy
We have no instructions in the manual regarding the start button reset procedure but I did find this tip. If you care to try it?

Vehicle: 2008 Volvo XC70
Category/Subcategory: Maintenance / Procedures
Title/Heading: MAINTENANCE REMINDER LIGHT RESET PROCEDURES / 2002-06 S60, S80, V70, V70 XC & XC70
Tip: 2008 xc70 oil reset with transponder (Start Button)
Current rating is 4.0 (rated by 2 shops) Click to rate tip. Showing 1-1 of 1

Posted By: Tech1 Flag Post For Monitor Review
Shop: ROGGI AUTOMOTIVE
Date: 9/18/2008 9: 04: 09 AM

Key in, press start button once, Hold Trip button and Start Button Until audible Beep is heard Release the start Button, When the " I" light begins to flash release the Trip Button

Dave H
Thanks for your second reply it work. Pls pass along
to any other person who might needs this info.

Mike

Veraandy
Many thanks for letting us know your final fix. Will pass this along

Happy Motoring
Dave H

Dave H